By ensuring compliance with laws and regulations and transparent communication about corporate governance and sustainability, we aim to build trust with our stakeholders, which is of utmost importance to us at Nyfosa.
Anonymous whistle-blower function
Our employees have an important role to sound the alarm if they are suspicious of something going on in our business that violates our ethical guidelines according to our Sustainability Policy.
Examples of maladministration may be:
- Economic irregularities and corruption
- Serious harassment and discrimination
- Safety risks in the workplace
- Environmental offences
Employees are first encouraged to speak with their manager. If they want to stay anonymous, we offer a secure channel for reporting and dialogue through our whistle-blower function.
Nyfosa strives to continuously develop our work regarding the environment. Therefore, we have an Environmental Policy that is adopted annually by the board. It is the Group Management that is responsible for compliance with this policy, which is maintained through daily contact with the management organization and through a central control function that monitors that all major investments comply with the policy.
- Work actively with energy optimization and environmental certification in Nyfosa’s buildings and premises
- Know the properties’ environmental risks, environmental liabilities and climate risks and develop long-term sustainable solutions when implementing measures
- Work together with the tenants for a good indoor environment
- Carry out environmentally friendly renovations
- Set environmental and sustainability requirements for Nyfosa’s suppliers
- Increase competence within and awareness of the environment and sustainability among Nyfosa’s employees
Social responsibility is about how the business affects people of and around Nyfosa. It is about helping to develop a society that puts people at the center and helping to create the conditions for good health, a good life and to reduce unfair differences. For Nyfosa, social responsibility is about involvement in the places where the company is located and in the tenants, visitors and residents that are located in these places. Social sustainability means protecting employees of Nyfosa, making demands on suppliers and partners, and safeguarding good working and delivery conditions.
Nyfosa’s work regarding sustainability is reported every year as an integral part of the annual report. The Sustainability Report follows the guidelines of the international organization Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) and has been prepared in accordance with GRI Standards at the application level Core.